Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Space Wedding or a Marriage made in the Stars

During one of Adult Swims many cuts, there was a story featuring a couple that was married in Zero-G. For those of you who don’t know what Zero-G is,

“The ZERO-G Experience is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience true weightlessness. On our specially modified Boeing 727, parabolic arcs are performed to create a weightless environment allowing you to float, flip and soar as if you were in space.

A ZERO-G Experience is available starting at $4,950 per person. Your ZERO-G Experience includes 12-15 parabolas, your own ZERO-G flight suit, ZERO-G merchandise, a Regravitation Celebration, certificate of weightless completion, photos and video of your unique experience. Read more about how it works.”

Adrien and I were stunned by the concept. There was something different about this though. Names were mentioned though, Erin and Noah. I don’t know many people that go by that name, but I do specifically know two, whom I did a panel with this Spring at Anime Boston.

Following my intuition, I scowered my memory and the internet only to find that I was right. I know them. Not on a very personal level, however, I know people who got married in space. This is relevant and bloggable on two levels:

1. It’s a really cool idea. Space Wedding!

2. I am unsure about how I feel about marriage. Though it has importance on a societal level, I sometimes wonder if I am one of those people needs/wants to be married. This is somewhat caused by the enormity of people in my generation who are getting married at a fairly young age. I just don’t understand how someone could get married so early on, right after High School. This example however, certainly makes me lean toward the concept of it. It is a nice to see some people in my generation who really take time to think out their wedding, focusing on their individuality and love for each other.

Either way, here is the website about their experience, as well as the Adult Swim Spot:

http://www.zerogravitywedding.com/



Congrats, Erin and Noah!

No comments:

Post a Comment